WIPO has a special project of activities on "IPR and !SMEs" which is mainly concerned aboutpromoting the patent system among small and medium enterprises. WIPO has published documents that promote software patents claiming that they help spur innovation and economic growth. Upon demand for explanations, no supporting references to economic studies were given. FFII is accredited as an observer at WIPO.
News & Chronology
2005-04-01 IP Watch: Debate heats over WIPO reform
2005-03-09 Petition for a OPEN WIPO (Wipo Manifesto)
2004-06-17 WIPO SME Policy
WIPO lobbyists in European Parliament
Wipo has two persons registered as lobbyists at European Parliament
- WIPO - WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY BRADLEY Joe
- WIPO - WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY HEITZ Andre
WIPO failing to explain advantage of software patents
- Bernard Lang at inria fr has asked and received a response which shows that WIPO has no evidence for its pro-software-patent claims.
WIPO has no economic expertise
confirmed by Wipo executive director Sherif Saadallah Wipo0509En
WIPO & FFII
- 2004-11-12 FFII receives accreditation notice from WIPO
- 2004-09-27..10-05 WIPO General Assembly decides to admit FFII as an observer to WIPO
WIPO Accreditation Notice
"Your organization will henceforth also be invited to attend, in an observer capacity, meetings of the Standing Committees and other Committees of Experts of WIPO if their subject matter appears to be of its direct interest".
WIPO events usually start 10h.
How to get to WIPO
- From train station: Take the bus 8 from the station in Geneva. Takes like 5min (The bus to Geneve, OMS, not to Veyrier, please!). And then leave the bus at Geneve Motta. It's right around there.
- From airport: Take the bus 28 in direction "Jardin Botanique" until "Geneve, Nations". Takes 17 min.
- WIPO address: WIPO 34, chemin des Colombettes, tel +41 22 338 91 11
wipo-help at ffii.org (mail arebenti at ffii.org to join)