JURI meeting of 23 may 2005: hearing of experts
The Committee on Legal Affairs of the European Parliament will hear experts on software patents and will already debate some tabled amendments.
Date and location
Monday, 23 May 2005, 15h00, Brussels, ASP, A1G-2 (SALLE D'ECOUTE A5G-2)
- 15h00-15h05: Welcome by the Chairman, Giuseppe Gargani MEP
- 15h05-15h25: Opening remarks by the rapporteur of the Committee on Legal Affairs, Michel Rocard MEP
- 15h25-15h35: Hearing of Prof. Bercovitz, Cabinet Estudio Juridico
- 15h35-15h45: Hearing of Ms Uma Suthersanen, Senior Lecturer in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research institute
- 15h45-15h55: Hearing of Prof. Dr. Reto M. Hilty, Direktor, Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property, Comptition and Tax Law
- 15h55-16h05: Hearing of Prof. Pellegrini, Maitre de Conferences en informatique, ENSEIRB
- 16h05-16h45: Question and answer session conducted by the chairman
- Item entitled "3. AUDITION: Patentability of computer-implemented inventions" gives translations (in 19 languages) of Amendment 1-39
- Item entitled "3. AM Patentability of computer-implemented inventions" gives translations (in 14 languages) of Amendments 40-256
Transcript of the debate
A transcript will be prepared within the next days.