Organising the corporate supporter base of FFII
The Economic Majority project has taken off but needs to be structured and organised.
draft by phm
- Currently I don't see anyone taking planning responsibility for the Economic-Majority project, so let me have a try. The following tasks seem urgent and responsibility is unclear for the most part. - The banner box pointing to the conference is outdated.
- It must be removed ASAP, even without replacement
- would seem most appropriate. Miluz seems to be working on the banner. phm just drafted a quick "thank you" text
- after they have confirmed their support by mail. The confirmations need to be again replied to in certain ways. This needs to be documented, and done every day. We need a team of people who take turns with this. Even if currently it is mostly uhlmann who does it, we need to get exercise in taking turns, so that uhlmann can go on vacation without creating a hole.
- The methodology for collecting, recruiting collectors and remunerating the work must also be updated in
- partially paid by this group. Here again we must get started. phm might try to set up a group that supports the continued presence of erjos in Brussels, for a start. erjos should then regularly communicate with this group of companies. Activists are also encouraged to acquire new companies on their own and to then become responsible for and sponsored by these companies.
seem to be in the pipeline and not taken care of. Bernard.Lang@inria.fr sent an update of the French version. phm would like to see regular progress reports which say clearly whether these requests have been answered and what is still in the pipeline. Someone needs to be responsible for translation managment.
- initiative in regio.php.
- Background: currently very many news headlines lead to a banner ad of pro-patent testimony site iinovate.org (by MS proxy ACT). Our banner could thus
- 1 counter ACT misinformation 2 persuade companies to support us
- set up a project group for this
using the feedback system, ask corporate supporters about their companies, their concerns, their suggestions
- discuss ffii plans with these supporters
discuss patent database with supporters, involve them in searching and documenting the EP situation in their field
- try to motivate corporate supporters to donate more
SektorEn: monitoring trends in the software sector. For the time being only the Sektor project has mailing lists, whereas the sarji project may be forked out later.
FFIISupportEn (Ideas, how the FFII could be supported)
Funding of events from Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung (--> FfiiAkkredDe] or other Political Foundations. Usually data is needed for that such as bylaws, board structure, financial plan etc.